Alternative Book Report- Thunderhead By Neal Shusterman

25. Poetry- Write three poems in response to the novel. The poems can be about the characters, where the book took place, or the themes in the book.

____________________________________________
How fitting,
in the end
it's the two of us ending.
Rowan and Citra.
Citra and Rowan.
The way it was
always meant to be.
Two adversaries,
like fire and ice
Two lovers,
marked by the stars.
Fated to leave this world
in each others arms
-From the gleaning journal of H.S Lucifer
____________________________________________

____________________________________________
Romeo was brash.
Rowan was brave.
Juliet was no agent.
I was independent.
How funny
that in the end
we meet their fate?
The passions of the mortal world
may not be lost to us forever.
-From the gleaning journal of H.S Anastasia
____________________________________________

____________________________________________
In the mortal world, a form of poetry existed. It
was rather simple, but humans have always
been simple in their own ways. So many art
forms of that time have been lost, but I
remember even if they don't. I would remember even
if it hurt. Luckily, I cannot hurt. I can only heal.

Two lives lost for now
Two Scythes who could change our world
Two lives I can save

- The Thunderhead
____________________________________________
in response to the novel. The poems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is literacy?

YA in practice